When the world says, "Give up!" ; Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Steamed Chocolate Moist Cake

I'm gonna write this post in English since the recipe is in English. Since I haven't got my electric oven, so the only cakes I can make is steamed cakes. This is by far the BEST steamed cake in the lot, never expected the cake to be so so delicious and wonderfully chocolaty! YUM~~

Afraid that chocolate cake is too heaty? Then just steam it! Cool eh?

The only problem I kept having even after I've tried this recipe twice is that the cocoa powder does not seem to fold in evenly in the batter, there tends to be lumps. I've been giving this some thoughts, will try out another method when I do it again next time. I promised my friends in office to do one for them IF I got my "package".. muahahahah~~

I shared this cake with my family and a couple of friends. Their kids loved it! I guess all kids love anything with chocolate, you can never go wrong with that. The best thing with this cake is you can serve it with ice- cream! My family finds the chocolate fudge topping a bit too sweet, so I ended up using the fudge as my bread spread and ice-cream topping. Yummy!!

Chocolate lovers, you have to try this!!! I'm sure I'll make this wonderful cake again and again~ Muajajaja..How funny..Onion The pictures I took using my cellphone does not do the cake justice. Yaya, I know, I need to polish up my photo shooting skills.. heheh...


Very soft and moist texture.


With ice-cream... mmmm~~~


I used this cocoa powder.

~ Recipe adapted from Cooking Crave ~

Cake
360 g butter ( I used Farmcows)
400 g castor sugar
400 g full cream evaporated milk
4 eggs, slightly beaten with fork
200 g all-purpose flour
100 g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla essense
4 tbsp of rum

1. Combine castor sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla essense and butter in a saucepan.
2. Stir over low heat until sugar and butter is dissolved, turn off fire and keep warm.
3. Add the beaten eggs into the slightly cold evaporated milk mixture and stir till well mixed.
4. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda into a large mixing bowl, then pour the eggs mixture over the flour and stir till well mix (cake batter should be runny).
5. Heat up the steamer.
6. Pour batter into pan. Place the pan into the steamer and cover the top of the pan loosely with a piece of aluminium foil.
7. Cover the steamer and steam over medium heat for 45 mins.
8. Cool the cake in pan before turning out for further decoration.

Chocolate Fudge Topping
400 g condensed milk
2 tsp vanilla essense
4 tbsp corn oil
40 g cocoa powder, sifted
a pinch of salt

1. Combine the sifted cocoa powder, condensed milk and oil.
2. Stir over low heat till thicken.
3. Add in salt and vanilla essense.
4. Cool chocolate topping a little before spreading onto cake.
5. Refrigerate before serve.

Note: I doubled the original ingredients to make a bigger cake for my in-laws and friends. So if you do not intend to make a big cake, then by all means split the ingredients into half. HAPPY STEAMING~~~

0 个留言:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

有朋自远方来


free counters

谁来我家

美食厨房 (中)

美食厨房 (英)

我の旧窝

趴趴走

身 。 心 。 灵 。 部落格

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP